Later this week we will celebrate our 2ND 5K to benefit the Fundación Oncológica HIMA•San Pablo. In this activity many athletes, people in the community and employees to cooperate with our cause involved. These athletes are accustomed to this type of exercise because I practice every day, but the rest of the participants do you know the exercise and the benefits of walking and / or running?
HIMA • San Pablo Educa wants to take the opportunity to discuss this type of exercise and its benefits. Walking and running are the two activities that are carried out in a 5K. Many times people wonder which is better for your health and which of the two exercises has more benefits. Both exercises are beneficial for health, but one is easier to perform and the other is more demanding. Everybody can do walking, but running requires a certain level of training. If you suffer from any medical condition you should always consult your doctor first and follow their recommendations. If you have no medical condition and are interested in running, then consult professionals who can offer the training needed to start this exercise properly.
However, most of the benefits are the same in both cases when it comes to walking or running. Walking and running can benefit in the following ways:
1. They help reduce the overweight. Accelerate metabolism. By increasing blood flow also we get an acceleration of metabolism. The act of running triggers in the body a process which not only consume more calories while running, but after exercise, your metabolism stays active and burn more energy.
2. Controls blood pressure. Strengthen the heart. With each step, the body requires to accelerate blood circulation because the muscles into action is this activity need extra doses of blood for the energy needed to do against this activity. For this reason the heart pumping is constant and strengthen it will be a fact.
3. Lowering “bad” cholesterol and increases HDL (“good“).
4. Improve the way our body uses sugar and insulin (which helps prevent diabetes). They maintain glucose stable. Brisk walking, jogging or running cause the muscles of the body need energy to perform these movements and thereby take blood, which is why these activities help control diabetes. The human body is designed to do these two activities.
5. Maintains strong bones and prevent osteoporosis.
6. Improves mood, eliminates tensions and worries and fight depression.
7. They help prevent certain cancers.
8. Slows the aging process.
9. Maintains brain function as we age.
10. Reduces the effects of stress. Reduce anxiety; increase self-esteem and confidence.
11. Increases the level of endorphins, the “good hormones“.
12. Cooperates in controlling cellulite, decreases the diameter of legs, toning and improving blood circulation.
13. Help the loss of body fat avoiding overweight and obesity. Improves the use of fats. If we focus on the process of development and transformation of the body fat into energy, if you practice race regularly you can achieved optimize this process and burn the best possible way and we can spare fats. A body accustomed to the practice of running optimize better glucose reserves and begin before you get energy from the fat reserves that we have in our body.
14. Favoring immunity, increasing the production of blood components that fight off viruses and bacteria.
15. Act as moderate appetite suppressants. They help digestion and elimination.
16. Improves lung health. In the lungs work it is also important because for the performance of the exercise and the achievement of energy the body will need to obtain oxygen through breathing. By this, over time the lungs are strengthened and their ability to exercise endurance will be improved. You will feel that you can breathe better and deeper at rest.
All these benefits can be obtained both by walking and running. To take advantage of these benefits we need to properly make this activity a routine in our lives. There is a benefit that can be highlight from people who run versus people who are walking. Running allows reach a good aerobic level in less time than walking and begins to burn fat before. It is also able to reduce volume and lower weight faster. In short we can say that much walking to vigorous walking, jogging or running is very beneficial to the body exercise because it not only serves to burn calories but also helps the body maintain a number of variables that allow them to operate optimally .
To all the people who will participate in the 5K and also those who will not participate we encouraged you to begin to benefit from doing this type of exercise and to take control of their health.