Jonatán Hernández Rosa, MD
Jonatán Hernández Rosa, MD was born and raised in San Juan, PR. He attended Wesleyan Academy (2004), New York University (2008), and Mount Sinai School of Medicine (2012), from which he graduated with national Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honors and distinction for research in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He completed a combined Plastic Surgery residency at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City (2018), serving as chief resident in his last year. He was then elected to complete an additional year of highly specialized fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery under the direction of Dr. S. Anthony Wolfe.
In addition to his interest in aesthetic surgery, Dr. Hernández Rosa has published articles in the field of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, including original advancements in the fields of Craniofacial and Microsurgical Surgery. Along with his skill and expertise in Plastic Surgery, he brings a true compassion for his patients and their families.
Full spectrum of adult and pediatric plastic surgery needs
Lower/Upper Extremity reconstruction
HIMA Plaza I Suit 315 Caguas
Monday and Friday
- Bowman K, Telem DA, Hernandez Rosa J, Stein N, Williams R, Divino CM. Impact of Race and Socioeconomic Status on Presentation and Management of Ventral Hernias. Archives of Surgery. 2010; 145(8):776-780. In print.
- Pinsky B, Hernandez Rosa J, Villanueva NL, Taub PJ, Factor SH. Maxillofacial Hardware Complications and Indications for Salvage. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: PSRC supplement. 2011; 127:66. (Abstract) In print.
- Hernandez Rosa J, Lo CC, Colon MJ, Boudourakis L, Telem DA, Divino CM. Laparoscopic versus Open Inguinal Hernia Repair in Octogenarians. Hernia. 2011; 15(6): 655-8. In print.
- Dallas KB, Froylich D, Choi JJ, Hernandez Rosa J, Lo CC, Colon MJ, Divino CM. Laparoscopic versus Open Inguinal Hernia Repair in Octogenarians: A Follow-up Study. Geriatrics & Gerontology International. 2013; 13(2):329-330. In print.
- Massenburg BB, Sanati-Mehrizy P, Ingargiola MJ, Hernandez Rosa J, Taub PJ. Outcomes and Safety of the Combined Abdominoplasty-Hysterectomy: A Preliminary Study. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2015; 39(5):667-73. In print.
- Hernandez Rosa J, Villanueva NL, Sanati-Mehrizy P, Factor SH, Taub PJ. Review of Maxillofacial Hardware Complications and Indications for Salvage. Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction. 2016; 9(2):134-40. In print.
- Sanati-Mehrizy P, Massenburg BB, Rozehnal JM, Gupta N, Hernandez Rosa J, Ingargiola MJ, Taub PJ. A Comparison of Postoperative Outcomes in Immediate Versus Delayed Reconstruction After Mastectomy. ePlasty. 2015; 15:e44. In print.
- Massenburg BB, Sanati-Mehrizy P, Ingargiola MJ, Hernandez Rosa J, Taub PJ. Flap Failure and Wound Complications in Autologous Breast Reconstruction: A National Perspective. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2015; 39(6):902-9. In print.
- Sanati-Mehrizy P, Massenburg BB, Hernandez Rosa J, Taub PJ. Risk Factors Associated with Free Flap Failure- An Analysis of 2103 Patients. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2015;136(4 Suppl): 18-9. (Abstract)
- Sanati-Mehrizy P, Massenburg BB, Rozehnal JM, Ingargiola MJ, Hernandez Rosa J, Taub PJ. Risk Factors Leading to Free Flap Failure: Analysis From the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Database. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2016; 27(8):1956-1964. In print.
- Hernandez Rosa J, Sherif RD, Torina PJ, Harmaty MA. Use of Both Antegrade and Retrograde Internal Mammary Vessels in the Bipedicled Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator Flap for Unilateral Breast Reconstruction. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery. 2017; 70(1):47-53. In print.